Nov 14, 2018  
2018-2019 Undergraduate Bulletin 
2018-2019 Undergraduate Bulletin

Student Services

Student Services

Student Administrative Services Center. The Student Administrative Services Center (SASC) provides a “one-stop shopping” service for student-related administrative processes including registration, bill payment, enrollment verification, access to academic records, and basic financial aid information.

SASC features the following conveniences:

  • an express transaction window for simple registration and payment activity, including rush transcript requests
  • consultation with a specialist to assist with more complex issues, and
  • student access to online services at computer kiosks.

SASC provides enhanced service to students through its case-management approach. Students work with a well-trained, client-service specialist who is responsible for navigating the various stages of enrollment and financial services. If there are unresolved issues, the SASC specialist is responsible for following up until they are resolved.

The unit is located on the second floor of the Administration and Computer Center building.

Hours Monday–Thursday, 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
  Friday, 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
  During peak registration periods,
  hours may be extended.
Phone: 860.768.4999

For information regarding tuition, fees, loan disbursements, and financial arrangements, students should contact the Bursar’s Office, room 218, Computer and Administration Center. Normal business hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Detailed information is available at For billing and payment inquiries, please contact the Student Administrative Services Center.

Registrar. All official academic records and grades are held in the Registrar’s Office, located on the second floor of the Computer and Administration Center. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Center for Graduate and Adult Academic Services—Credit Courses. The University offers nearly 40 graduate degree programs.  Pursuing a postbaccalaureate degree can provide a gateway to a profession, the chance to move to a new professional level, or simply increase knowledge and skills.    The University also offers degree completion programs for qualified individuals an opportunity to enroll in day or evening courses as part-time students at the undergraduate level. Enrollment is open to graduates of approved secondary schools, to holders of Connecticut equivalency certificates, and to persons who give other evidence of ability and previous educational preparation adequate for the successful completion of studies for which application is made.

Part-time undergraduate students may register for certain courses without being enrolled in a degree program, but upon completion of 15 credits of work through the Center for Graduate and Adult Academic Services, a student must apply for matriculation (acceptance as a candidate for a degree) or for permission to continue as a nonmatriculated student.

International Center. The International Center, located in Gengras Student Union, coordinates and facilitates activities promoting international education, international awareness, and a culturally diverse learning environment. It is responsible for study abroad programs, international student orientation, faculty/staff exchanges, student exchanges, and workshops, seminars, and conferences related to international education. The International Center advises students on study abroad and provides nonacademic advising to international students. It also coordinates internationally related activities with various local, national, and international institutions, organizations, and agencies, as well as assists in the identification of external resources for the promotion of international education and language competency at the University.

Veterans’ Affairs. Veterans who enroll at the University of Hartford are encouraged to take advantage of the counseling and services of the Office of Veterans’ Affairs. Information concerning benefit claims and help in completing VA forms are provided to veterans and eligible persons through the Veteran Certification Officers, located in the Student Administrative Services Center and Registrar’s Office in Beatrice Fox Auerbach Computer and Administration Center.

Presidents’ College. This innovative program is designed for intellectually curious adults, mature men and women who want to experience again the kind of educational adventure best pursued in a University setting. These specially designed classes are open to any adult with an interest in the humanities. There is no age requirement, just the desire to learn. Presidents’ College courses are serious and challenging yet entirely enjoyable for anyone who finds learning one of life’s great pleasures.

High School Advance Enrollment Program—“College NOW.” As a service to local communities, the University makes available many of its regular courses to especially well-qualified high school students in their senior year who have satisfied the academic prerequisites and exhausted all course offerings available at their high schools. Students must be recommended in writing by their high school counselor and formally accepted by the Center for Graduate and Adult Academic Services. Students accepted into the program may enroll in one course per fall and spring semesters, on a space-available basis, tuition free. Students are responsible for applicable fees and books. Registration takes place through the Center for Graduate and Adult Academic Services.

LINCS—Learning in Noncredit Settings. Through the University of Hartford LINCS program, undergraduate college credit can be earned for learning in a variety of noncollege or noncredit settings. These learning experiences may include on-the-job training, self-study programs, independent reading, etc. Credit may be awarded for learning in most disciplines in any college or school of the University.

The University of Hartford grants undergraduate credit only for college-level learning equivalents, not simply for life experience. Many experiences, although important, will not qualify for college-level credit. Thus, the first step for a credit applicant is to clarify which life experiences may have been true learning experiences, equivalent to learning through college study. In order to determine an appropriate credit award, the student applicant goes through a process of evaluation or verification. This process includes assembling a portfolio describing and documenting relevant learning experiences. For more information, contact the Center for Graduate and Adult Academic Services at 860.768.4373.

Center for Professional Development.  The Center for Professional Development (CPD) has helped Connecticut residents achieve career success for more than 40 years.  It offers services that allow individuals to identify and explore fulfilling careers that prepare entrepreneurs to build successful businesses.  CPD’s career development, training, education, and consulting services help organizations, businesses, and corporations to prepare strong leaders and create productive work environments.

The Center’s Entrepreneurial Center offers comprehensive training on self-employment for women and men.  For further information about all of the center’s programs, call 860.768.5619.